Principal Goals & Priorities
Each year Roseburg Area Chamber of Commerce leadership sets numerous goals and objectives for the organization within each of its strategy/program areas. The chamber’s government affairs, public affairs and political advocacy goals and priorities for this year include:
- Advocate for business during Oregon’s 2021 Legislative Session and advance RACC’s 2021-2022 Public Affairs & Legislative Agenda, participate with local, regional and statewide coalitions to oppose anti-business and support pro-business initiatives, with specific opposition to proposed Cap and Trade legislation.
- Monitor issues and activities at the local, state and federal government levels. Actively support and oppose issues in order to advance the most pro-business environment possible. Hold regular meetings with elected officials.
- Keep membership informed of government affairs issues, particularly during Oregon’s Legislative Session via newsletter articles, broadcast “Call to Action” emails, hosting twice monthly conference calls with our state legislative delegation and programs/forums, as needed.
- Continue participation in federal court BLM litigation to advocate for increased harvest on public lands.
- Grow chamber PAC funds.
- Advocate with agencies and elected officials for effective forest management on public lands to include increased harvest and reforestation which is imperative to economic growth and long-term sustainability, and proper management after a fire/catastrophic event; Jordan Cove LNG project, medical training/education campus, workforce development/traded-sector training, as needed.
- Support business and economic development activities/endeavors with political action and advocation by soliciting business friendly candidates for open seats and making endorsements in state and local races when appropriate.
“The chamber acts as a unified voice as well as a partner for our business community. It continues to be the driving force locally for free enterprise, providing political advocacy, educational forums and networking opportunities for its membership while working to expand and develop new business in our area.”
“I believe the Roseburg Area Chamber of Commerce represents the best interest of business in our community.”