Chamber Priorities & Objectives
While the chamber’s priorities and objectives are constantly under review to best serve local business, every year Roseburg Area Chamber of Commerce leadership has planning sessions to determine its primary objectives and priorities for the upcoming year and the future. The chamber’s key priorities for 2023 are:
- Advocate for business during Oregon’s 2023 Legislative Session under RACC’s 2023-2024 Public Affairs & Legislative Agenda; provide written or in-person testimony on proposed legislation; and, participate with local, regional and statewide coalitions to oppose anti-business and support pro-business initiatives.
- Expand online business resource libraries with urgent/crisis information and information for best general business practices. Add business programs to provide members with best practices information.
- Monitor issues and activities at the local, state and federal government levels. Actively support and oppose issues in order to advance the most pro-business environment possible.
- Keep membership informed of government affairs issues, particularly during Oregon’s Legislative Session via newsletter articles, broadcast “Call to Action” emails, membership email blast updates, website “Current News,” and programs/ forums, as needed.
- Add a chamber staff member focused on expanding member outreach and interaction with individual members, increase member-business visitations and retention activities.
- Advocate for effective forest management on public lands to include increased harvest and reforestation, imperative to economic growth, long-term sustainability, and to curtail the significant increase in catastrophic wildfires seen in recent years; and advocate for proper management after a fire or other catastrophic event.
- Promote member businesses products and services through referrals, online member directory and printed directory, social media posts, “Shop local” promotion and member brochures on information floor. Provide members with promotional opportunities through sponsorships, advertising and website corporate banners.
- Focus for chamber programs/events including annual membership meeting/awards dinner, membership lunches, networking events, 2023-24 Project Leadership and Economic Forecast 2024, in addition to providing quality programs, is to grow attendance in post-pandemic environment. Support members ribbon cutting and grand opening events.
- Promote our community as a great place to live, work and visit through onsite displays and information, online recreation, events and amenities information, statewide distribution of InUmpqua publication and Roseburg/Douglas County map; responding to phone and email inquiries and mailing the chamber’s visitor magazine.
- Provide information to individuals and businesses looking to relocate, via online, phone, email, mail and on-site inquiries and mailing of relocation information.