Chamber Goals & Objectives
While goals and objectives of the chamber are constantly under review to best serve local business, every year in October Roseburg Area Chamber of Commerce leadership conducts a strategic planning session to determine its primary goals and objectives for the upcoming year. Between October and January chamber staff and volunteer leadership will identify the best means to accomplish those goals. The chamber’s key goals and objectives for 2020 are as follows:
- Advocate for business during Oregon’s 2020 Legislative Session and advance RACC’s 2019-2020 Public Affairs agenda, participate with local, regional and statewide coalitions to oppose anti-business and support pro-business initiatives, with specific opposition to proposed Cap and Trade legislation.
- Monitor issues and activities at the local, state and federal government levels. Actively support and oppose issues in order to advance the most pro-business environment possible. Hold regular meetings with elected officials.
- Keep membership informed of government affairs issues, particularly during Oregon’s Legislative Session via newsletter articles, broadcast “Call to Action” emails, hosting twice monthly conference calls with our state legislative delegation and programs/forums, as needed.
- Expanding member outreach and interaction including RACC board chair and CEO’s quarterly “9 at 9” with members. Increasing business visitations and introducing new workshops to members.
- Meet with local business to survey needs and barriers related to business retention and future potential expansion for our businesses, and to as well as foster family-wage job creation and economic growth.
- Advocate for effective forest management on public lands to include increased harvest and reforestation, imperative to economic growth and long-term sustainability; and for proper management after a fire/catastrophic event. Continued support for veterans home, medical training/education campus, Jordan Cove and other significant economic endeavors.
- Promote member businesses products and services through referrals, online member directory and printed directory, advertising opportunities, social media posts, “Shop local” promotion and member brochures on information floor.
- The Roseburg Area Chamber will launch three new business councils: Douglas County Lodging Industry Council, Douglas County Manufacturing Industry Council and Douglas County Retail Industry Council.
- New online member-only access to business resource library.
- Promote our community as the best place to live, work and visit through onsite informational displays, online recreation, events and amenities information, statewide distribution of InUmpqua publication and Roseburg/Douglas County map; Land of Umpqua Facebook page and visitors/information center. Provide information to individuals and businesses looking to relocate through online, phone, email, mail and on-site inquiries and mailing of relocation information packets.
- Support business and economic development activities/endeavors with political action and advocation by soliciting business friendly candidates for open seats and making endorsements in state and local races when appropriate.
- Promote Roseburg and the Land of Umpqua as a premier visitor destination through its successful integrated marketing, advertising and branding campaign in large markets via print, broadcast, digital, billboard and social media.
- Expand focus on digital and social media avenues to promote Roseburg and the Land of Umpqua.
- “Go To” for visitor services, visitor destination information and expertise—in person, online, mail-in and phone-in requests, referrals, statewide requests for information and promotional information.
- Production of multiple print promotional materials for local, statewide and national distribution/request fulfillment.
- Continue to evaluate new potential markets and “pivot” as needed.
- Conduct an ROI study related to chambers marketing campaign success by February 2020.